Born in Bulawayo Zimbabwe; Lorienne Lotz currently lives and works in Cape Town. She completed a Postgraduate Diploma in Fine Art at Michaelis UCT 2013.
Lorienne studied in the 80’s under Bill Ainslie at the Johannesburg Art Foundation.
Rose Shakinovsky and Claire Gavronsky (Rosenclaire’s) annual intensive workshops both in Italy and South Africa have been instrumental in forging a deeply intuitive material process with an awareness of a formal language in her work.
Lorienne was awarded a Sasol New Signatures Merit Award 2014. Her work is held locally and internationally in private and public collections including the Spier Collection and Elllerman House and was very well received at the Affordable Art Fair in Hamburg Germany 2015.
- 2014 March Not written in stone; Commune.1 Cape Town
- 2014 November More than a pinch of salt; Youngblood Cape Town
- 2017 August Under Erasure; Cubicle Series CIRCA Cape Town
- 2019 April Stru’s Bob; Everard Read Cape Town
Lorienne has participated in Numerous Group Shows from 2012.
Most Recent Group Shows
- 2019 Conversations with Irma; Irma Stern Museum UCT
- 2019 Winter Show; Everard Read Cape Town
- 2020 Winter Show; Everard Read Cape Town
- 2020/21 Summer Show Everard Read Cape Town
Santam South Africa Collection